In this article, we walk you through all the YouTube Ad Specs you need to launch your next campaign.
Reach your audience through interactive ads on YouTube with Google Video campaigns.
Select the Video Campaign option in Google Ads to create one of the following goals:
- Website Traffic
- Product and Brand Consideration
- Brand Awareness
YouTube Ad Specs
The video used in the ad must be uploaded to YouTube.
- File type: .MOV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG4, MP4, MPG, AVI, WMV, MPEGPS, FLV, 3GPP, WebM, DNxHR, ProRes, CineForm, and HEVC (h265). Any other format will result in the error “invalid file format” upon upload.
- Video length:
- 12 seconds – 6 minutes for skippable Ads
- 15 seconds max for non-skippable ads
- 6 seconds for bumper ads
- 20 seconds max for non-skippable ads in (EMEA, Mexico, India, Singapore, and Malaysia only)
- Headline: up to 15 characters
- URL: Video Ads require a Final URL and a Display URL.
- The Final URL is the landing page your ad will take users to when they interact with it
- The Display URL is the website address shown in your ad, which can be up to 255 characters.
- Call to Action (CTA): up to 10 characters that should compel the user to click on your ad.
- Thumbnail: Either select an auto-generated image from your video that will appear as the thumbnail or upload a companion banner (companion banners only appear on desktop)
Note: Audio formats MP3, WAV, and CPM files can’t be uploaded to YouTube, but you can convert your audio file to a video using video editing software.